Our History

The St. Petersburg State Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired (SLBVI) was founded on January 7, 1927 and is the legal successor of the blind people instittion libraries of  pre-revolutionary Petersburg. According to the resolution of the Petrograd Soviet of 07.01.1927 in the house 11 on Strelninskaya Street was opened a club  for blind people, and with it -  the library.